Pages: 192 pages
Size: Paperback, 6 X 9 inches
This book offers immediate and clear help to parents, family members and teachers who are angry, confused, frustrated, sad, or at their wit’s end in dealing with their teenagers. Beyond advice for crisis situations, You Don’t Know Anything…! Informs parents of the new stresses their kids today must cope with, and suggests ways to minimize these pressures for both adults and teens. Patience, caring, vigilance, “street smarts,” knowledge of the teenage brain – these are among the many skills that parents today need. The book points the way to those skills, and encourages parents and other adults to resume their legitimate roles as guides and role-models in their teens’ lives.
- understanding the real anxieties of 21st-century teenagers
- creating and maintaining boundaries (and consequences) that work
- what to do about lying and manipulation
- sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll – their choices and your guidance
- maximizing their safety in: driving, working, use of the internet
- helping kids cope with societal and peer pressures
Compelling reasons for establishing a solid parental presence in the life of our children. Direct and practical advice. Readers will walk away feeling more competent, capable, and definitely well supported in their role as parents.
– Dominick Scotto, M.S.W., M.Theology; high school teacher
Gives parents a no-holds-barred approach to keeping a step ahead of their teens, i.e., keeping them safe, establishing boundaries, and enforcing rules until they develop the proper skills necessary for independence. Should be read by every parent!
– Uwe W. Geertz, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology